"Vertigo": The greatest film ever?
Peter Whittle has been reviewing cinema for Standpoint since the magazine was founded five years ago. Reel Life is a collection of his best writing on film from those years. Hollywood and art house, high culture and low, classics and flops: all are dealt with in Reel Life.
"Peter Whittle combines high cultural seriousness with a wicked wit and a complete absence of cant — don't go to the cinema without him" — Michael Gove MP
Reel Life is available for Kindle for £2.99. Download it here.
- Earth, Air, and Water
- The Polls Were Wrong — But Revealing
- The New Student Right
- Same Difference
- The Tipping Point
- Labour Should Be Cautious About Corbyn
- Remembering Waterloo
- Beware of Greeks Playing Games
- Charleston: Evasions and Excuses
- Getting Away With Murder
- A Helluva Week
- Having One's Cake and Eating It
- Win a pair of tickets to see "Hope" at the Royal Court
- Win a pair of tickets to see Albion!
- The Crescent and the Jackboot: Dealing with Totalitarianism
- A Dream of Scottish Secession
- ISIS and the West: Neutrality absolves nothing
- Heaven and Hell in Campania